We’re seeking a full-time, in-house junior web developer who exhibits strong attention to detail and thrives in a dynamic environment. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about what they do and enjoys working with a small, wildly talented development team to create meaningful digital experiences for our clients here at Posture.
You’re A Fit If…
- You embrace change and are eager to learn and grow.
- You are organized and a good manager of time.
- You think and act creatively to solve problems.
- You are a good communicator and collaborator.
- You are willing to go the extra mile.
What You’ll Be Doing…
Activities primarily focus on building, customizing and supporting digital initiatives (responsive, desktop, tablet and mobile) as well as providing CMS customization and support within our development team. As a web developer with a PHP focus, responsibilities encompass supporting the full development project life cycle, including:
- Participates in the development and support of a variety of websites, including end-to-end website management, quality assurance, testing and implementation, and ongoing maintenance and support.
- Collaborates closely with Design team and other stakeholders on the implementation of designs.
- Customization & Integration Assistance (e.g. add-ons/extensions/modules, APIs, payment gateways)
- Database Administration (e.g. data imports/exports/synchronization, creating and automating backups).
- Performs other duties as assigned by immediate manager or management team.
You Must Have…
- Knowledge of popular CSS pre-processors (e.g. SASS, LESS) and frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, Foundation).
- Experience developing a responsive, mobile-first user experience.
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- A track record of writing code that is clean, understandable and cross-browser compatible.
- Proven knowledge in the following areas:
- HTML / CSS / SASS
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Version Control Software and Tools (Git, GitHub Preferred)
- Knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong problem solving skills and demonstrated ability to troubleshoot code.
- An appreciation for the interplay of design and development (including responsive design principles).
It Would Be Nice If You Have…
- Some familiarity in Object-Oriented Programming.
- Prior exposure to API methods, protocols, integration and support.
- Professional certifications and/or educational degrees.
- Small team in an entrepreneurial environment (be heard and have an impact).
- Casual attire, laid-back atmosphere, always free coffee & beer!
- Employee Benefits (health, dental, vision)
- Scheduling flexibility and remote working opportunities, if needed.