We are a digital marketing agency seeking a full-time web developer who exhibits obsessive attention to detail and thrives in a dynamic environment. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about what they do and enjoys working with a small, wildly talented development team to create meaningful digital experiences for our clients here at Posture.
You’re A Fit If…
- You are organized and a good manager of time.
- You think and act creatively to solve problems.
- You are a good team communicator and collaborator.
- You embrace change and are eager to learn and grow.
What You’ll Be Doing…
Activities primarily focus on building, customizing and supporting digital initiatives (responsive, desktop, tablet and mobile) as well as providing CMS customization and support within our development team. As a web developer, responsibilities encompass supporting the full development project life cycle, including:
- Setup & Configuration (e.g. DNS, SSL, Amazon Web Services, LAMP stack server environment).
- Customization & Integration Assistance (e.g. add-ons/extensions/modules, APIs, payment gateways).
- Optimization & Compliance (e.g. quality control, versioning, staging, performance, security).
- Database Administration (e.g. data imports/exports/synchronization, creating and automating backups).
- Ongoing Support & Maintenance to our previous, existing, and new client sites.
In order to thrive in this position, you have to be confident, quick-thinking, and skilled at your craft. If you are, you will work within our team and be in a good position for future growth opportunities.
You Must Have…
- Knowledge of popular CSS preprocessors (e.g. Sass, Less), frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap, Foundation), and layouts (e.g. Flexbox, Grid)
- A proven track record of writing code that is clean, understandable and cross browser compatible.
- Experience with at least one of the following systems or equivalent: WordPress, Drupal, or Magento (and the work to back it up!)
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, including XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Familiarity with working in a development and production team environment.
- Understanding of and familiarity with code versioning tools, such as Git.
It Would Be Nice If You Have…
- Some familiarity in Object-Oriented Programming.
- Prior exposure to API methods, protocols, integration and support.
- The ability to work with and advise use of device detection, cookies, sessions and CRON jobs.
- Experience working with WooCommerce and Advanced Custom Fields.
- Experience working with other design programs (e.g. Figma, Sketch).
- Previous experience deploying web applications on AWS or other cloud-based server architectures.
- Professional certifications and/or educational degrees.
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- Flexible scheduling and remote/hybrid work opportunities.
- Opportunity to help identify and shape future best practices within the development team.
- Casual attire, laid-back atmosphere, always free coffee & beer!